It’s interesting and important to recognize that at some times in our
Can You Hear That?
May is Better Hearing and Speech Month and it is dedicated to raising awareness about hearing and speech problems. This is a great time to think about your own hearing or ask a friend or loved one about theirs. The proper treatment for hearing loss can greatly improve communication and quality of life.
Signs of Hearing Loss Include:
- Frequently asking people to repeat what they said.
- Turning your ear in the direction of sound to hear it better.
- Watching lip movement and facial expressions to help understand people better when they are speaking.
- Being unable to hear all parts of a group conversation or certain words.
- Experiencing pain or ringing in the ears (tinnitus).
- Listening to the TV or radio at high volume levels.
If you have caught yourself doing any of these things or noticed a friend or loved one doing them, we would recommend visiting an Audiologist for a hearing screening. The Hearing Clinic at Woodlake offers Complimentary Hearing Screenings and we are happy to help! To schedule a free hearing screening or with any questions call (612) 246-4868.